Thursday, March 27, 2014

Hair Dye Stripping Fail

So I have been wanting to go from a somewhat black to red hair for a while. I bough this product because it claims to remove any permanent hair color no matter how long it has been in your hair. It also claims to have enough product for at least 6 treatments.

I has no luck with this product.
1. there definitely not enough product for six treatments I didn't have enough for one and I have short hair.
2. It lightened some, not at much as i wanted, I could have lightened more if there was enough for multiple treatment applications.
and finally
3. the processing lotion to keep your hair from re-darkening made my hair re-darken quite a bit.


Maybe this just didn't work with the chemistry of my hair, but I would not recommend this product as a stripper unless maybe your hair is finer.

I had very high expectations for this product brand and for its price which it didn't come close to meeting...

On the bright side it wasn't very damaging to my hair so in a week I can probably lighten my hair with a simple, gentle, and diluted bleach solution.



No comments:

Post a Comment